La Verendrye Non-Profit Supportive Housing Corporation provides residents of the Rainy River District with housing and appropriate support services — including crisis stabilization — to individuals who require assisted independent living. This is delivered through multiple programs.
- Landlord and Tenant Program
- Nelson House - Transitional Housing
- Back to Home program
- Community Service Management Program
La Verendrye Non-Profit Supportive Housing adheres to the following values in the delivery of the program services
- Everyone has the right to affordable housing.
- It is better to live in a supportive community that to live isolated.
- It is better to work than be idle.
- Everyone has something useful to contribute to others
- The more responsibility a person is given, the more responsible a person becomes.
- Success is defined by each person.
- It is better to resolve issues with a person or organization that is seen to be creating the problem that with a third party.
- It is easier to live independently than dependently.